Making New Year’s Resolutions is a tradition that many of us have and the most popular of all resolutions is to get healthier in the new year. But how is that possible when most of our day is spent sitting at a desk or behind a computer? It’s easy to incorporate exercise into your office routine by adding just a few of these simple steps to your day. Powers Business Machines shares some tried and true tips for getting healthy in the office!
Tips to add exercise to your workday
- Try walking or biking to and from work. If you must drive, try parking at the far end of the parking lot and walk.
- Always use the stairs. Using the stairs is an easy and impactful way to get your heart rate up and boost your metabolism.
- Try standing more often at work. Standing burns more calories than sitting. Look for ways to get out of your chair while you are on the phone or while speaking with a colleagues.
- Take a walk with a friend on your lunch break. This is a great way to connect with fellow co-workers while burning calories!
- Bring a fitness ball to work. If your employer permits it, use a fitness ball in place of your chair. This helps improve balance and tone core muscles.
- Offer to copy or fax items for your co-workers to take advantage of walking and standing. This also will win major brownie points for being a team player!
At Powers, we are always finding ways to make your work experience more enjoyable. By adjusting your routine at work, you will find you feel more productive, energetic and driven to continue your health journey and work life. Powers Business Machines, Inc. hopes you will consider these tips for adding exercise to your workday and creating healthy habits while working.