Service Technician Job Opening
Powers Business Machines is looking to hire an experienced copier technician to join our growing team. Our copier technicians provide installation and repair services on copiers, printers, scanners and fax machines to our customers in Hampton Roads. A successful candidate will have strong communication skills, the ability to multitask and work independently to assist with timely service and comprehensive technical support.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Diagnose office equipment issues using a variety of testing devises and background knowledge.
- Repair proficiencies on all equipment (copiers, printers, fax machines, etc.)
- Provide thorough service reports from dispatch through completion (parts used, parts needed to order, meter reading, etc,)
- Maintain tool kit, supplies, and accurate inventory for assigned territory.
- Maintain effective relationships with customer and fellow employees.
- Provide support as required.
- Accurately and timely completion of tasks.
- Must follow the policies and procedures set forth by the company
Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of 1 year experience in the diagnosis, repair and installation of copiers/printers.
- High School diploma.
- A “team-player” attitude with a commitment to customer services.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills/problem solver.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Basic understanding of networking
- Basic understanding of computer operating systems
- Basic understanding of the Microsoft products (excel, word etc)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacations
- Paid sick leave
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Retirement Account Planning
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out our easy online application (please indicate the position applying for).